Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Valerie's Favorite Show Photos of 2009

Sick Weapons
Both Chrissy and Valerie helped build a pretty elaborate portfolio of photo sets from shows in Baltimore this year. Chrissy already shared her top memories, and here are Valerie's top ten favorite photos she took in 2009, with her thoughts on each shot.

I've been shooting for Bmore Musically Informed since April, and I've loved being a part of it. I have met so many awesome people over the past several months. Similar to Chrissy, I chose the following based on the experiences tied to the show and on the photos themselves. 2009 hosted some of the best concerts I've ever been to, I can't wait to see what 2010 will bring

10. The Faint at Sonar
The Faint at Sonar
This was the first show I shot for Bmore Musically Informed, and even though I have taken many better pictures since this one, I feel it is an appropriate place to start.

9. What Cheer Brigade at Whartscape 09
What Cheer Brigade Marching Band
Definitely the most fun I've ever had watching a marching band.

8. Carsick Cars at Open Space
Carsick Cars
I love taking pictures like this. I have no idea if anyone else likes them as much as I do.

7. Dustin Wong at Soft Fest
Dustin Wong
I really like the tone and composition of this photo, I think it conveys the way everyone felt that night. Soft Fest was a brilliant idea, and one of the singers during the night (although I forget who) put it perfectly: "I have never seen an audience at a show be so quiet, for so long, for such good reasons."

6. Ponytail at the Ottobar
Ponytail
I have no idea how I survived this show, or how my camera survived it. Ponytail fans are dangerous.

5. Abiku at MT6 Fest at the Hexagon
MT6 Fest 2009
I can never see this band too many times. I'm sure you can see why.

4. Le Loup at the Ottobar
Le Loup
Le Loup is one of my favorite bands, and they played beautifully at this show. I love almost all of the shots from this night.

3. Lightwriting with A.K. Slaughter
A.K. Slaughter
Hanging out with Aran and Emily of A.K. Slaughter in a creepy alley, while they figured out a way to vomit light in photographic form. What else can I say?

2. Celebration at Load of Fun
Celebration
Celebration playing in an ice cave. Everything about this night was fantastic.

1. Future Islands at Floristree
Future Islands
Probably one of the best photos I've ever taken. Sam is so theatrical when he performs, it's easy to get good shots of him.

No comments: